Thursday, June 21, 2012

Jon Kabat Zinn, Ph.D.



 Greetings and welcome to my new Blog on Pain management. 
On this blog I will be discussing how to manage physical and mental pain, discuss forms of body movement such as Qigong (chee-gong) which I have personally found to be remarkable at helping balance body systems and manage physical pain, address the realities of how diet and the foods we eat contribute to overall wellness and encourage meditation and mindfulness training. 
Inspirational entries will also be posted on a weekly basis......SO

........I invite you to take the journey with me. Come back and visit often. Click on the link to my website & feel free to comment or contact me anytime you like: GingerBuddha.com

This is my new beginning in offering what I have practiced and continue to learn along the way.
It is my pleasure to share it with you All. 

_____________________________

I can think of no other place to start other than to introduce to you this book that was first published in 1990. Full Catastrophe Living by Jon Kabat-Zinn, Ph.D.

The title is taken from the Movie Zorba the Greek, where, in the movie he was asked if he was ever married and he answered, "am I not a man, and is not a man stupid? I'm a man so I married, wife, children, house, everything, the full catastrophe." So the book addresses the realities of life & how to cultivate a deep loving for yourself, while understanding others through practicing mindfulness and joy in acceptance of the dichotomy of life. Perhaps arriving like Zorba to a and the singular love of existence itself. The book gives insight to how to manage pain and illness along with much more insights to daily living.

I start here because it was here that I began to understand more about managing pain. Not only the physical, but mental pain too. I encourage all of you to obtain a copy of this book (which is used as the companion book to the Stress Reduction and Relaxation Training Program pioneered by Zinn) and read it in any manner you decide fitting.
No need to go from front to back, just pick a chapter and read.


Blessings of Health and Goodness to You and Yours.

-DON:)

No comments:

Post a Comment